Last Updated: March 2021
GuruYou™ Limited is a business registered in England & Wales No. 9404077
Please read the following carefully because by working with Rebecca Mander, her associate team and employees, and by participating in coaching and development programmes, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is GuruYou Ltd and Rebecca Mander.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
Newsletters: We have an occasional newsletter that keeps contacts and clients up to date with information on our services, events, offers etc. If you would like to subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so that we can send the newsletter to you. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, sector and location so that we can personalise your newsletters.
Email and other business and contact details: Clients will send us their contact details and the contact details of members of their organisation in order to run programmes and arrange meetings and consultations. We will only use this information to enable individuals to participate in coaching and consulting and to attend events as requested. This information will be stored electronically and will be protected by passwords and by the privacy policies of these platforms. This information may also be stored on the smart phone of a team member.
Email contact with coaching clients will be stored for a reasonable amount of time following the completion of a programme – usually not more than 2 years.
Coaching records: Data, records and subjective reflections written, recorded or captured in coaching sessions will be treated with great care and confidentiality. Names will be coded so that in the unfortunate event, any theft of such notebooks or recordings would not be attributable to a person or organisation; Records on computers will be password protected; Handwritten records will be carried & stored electronically with care. When stored at Head Office these records will be locked away.
Any loss or theft of records will be reported to clients immediately that is has been identified.
Information we collect about you: Website/Technical Data: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
· Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information:
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
– to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from any of business partners to whom you may have given your details with permission for them to send it to us.
We may receive feedback or input about you from managers, leaders, colleagues, team members, during the coaching session of others or as part of a diagnostic process. This data will be coded to protect individual privacy and stored securely.
No coaching record will be shared with anyone other than the direct coaching client without full consent and understanding of reasons why it may be required.
From time to time in the coaching profession records may be requested by email between clients, consultancies and associate coaches. Great care will be taken in this transfer of records and password protected data transfer processes will be used. Records will be shared with the minimum amount of people and with full consultation and consent of each coaching client.
In working as an associate for larger consultancies, we may be bound by the privacy & communication processes of that organisation and their client. Within that we will continue to ensure that communication and consent is full, and care is taken to protect identity and issue fully.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of GuruYou Ltd. We will only do so in support of delivering your GuruYou Coaching experience.
Unknown third parties:
We specifically do not share your information with unknown third parties including advertisers and advertising networks; analytics and search engine providers
The only time we may disclose your personal information to unknown third parties is:
Known third parties and team members:
All members of the GuruYou support and consulting team are required to sign and commit to a full confidentiality agreement. Each is responsible for his or her own GDPR compliance.
• Our Associate Team of coaches and consultants – Every team member is given a confidential Statement of Work before a programme commences. This includes details of contact details (name, organisation, job title, address, email and telephone number) to enable them to deliver the programme. All associates are responsible for their own GDPR. • Our Accountant / Bookkeeper – We provide details of your name, address and email for accounting purposes only. • Our Assistants – We may provide our support team with your contact information required to help us keep in touch with you. Specifically, Allison Whitelaw will have access to correspondence sent to and from Rebecca Mander.
Where we store your personal data:
Contact information sent to us will be stored on Dropbox, personal tablets and smartphones and protected by password. This password will be known to key staff at GuruYou Ltd and Rebecca Mander. Staff who support GuruYou Coaching are bound by full confidentiality agreements. On departure of any staff from the support team, all passwords are changed.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in Dropbox. This does not include bank details. We do not store bank details within our organisation. We use Stripe as our secure payment platform and all bank information is stored using Stripe.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites
Breaches of security
If a breach of security were to occur and we became aware of a risk to the data of our members, we will notify you immediately by email.
Phone: 0121 270 4300
Email address: email@example.com